Thursday, November 1, 2012

On to the next thing...

Well, I finished with project #1 for the Evernote Knit-Along! I was so excited to participate in this DIY challenge that somehow thought I'd do at least 2 of the sugested projects by the end of the month. Well, that didn't happen, but I did start another new knitting project from a vintage pattern book that I will reveal an upcoming post.
Here are the armwarmers. They were an easy fun project and the pattern is free at
www.redheart.com/free-patterns/lettuce-knit-arm-warmers


It's hard to be lighthearted about projects today. Fortunately where I live in Queens was not hit terribly hard by Hurricane Sandy, but I'm saddened by the devastation and worried for the people affected. Please reach out to help. Here are some ideas: Astoria recovers site lists needs and volunteer opportunities. Occupy Sandy is a link full of ideas. And there's the Food Bank NYC and New York Cares and of course the Red Cross where you can donate on their site or text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to their Disaster Relief fund.
Knitting and crafting can be a comfort in difficult times, have you ever used working on a creative project to help you come to terms with tough times?

No comments:

Post a Comment