Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy 2014

Happy New Year!
As usual the end of the year was met with a flurry of activity. Did you make any holiday gifts this year? I made: A chunky knit headband for my sister-in-law. A coffee cozy for my dad. A beer cozy (with skull and cross bones!) for my brother.
etsy-featured-shop-felting-dreams-adventure
from Etsy Blog -Featuring Felted Dreams
Of course I forgot to take pics of all of them, but using your imagination and Ravelry, you, too, could make them yourself!
Now, time to sit down and think on the new year ahead! 
Vogue Knitting LIVE will be here in New York in a few weeks! Such a great place to get ideas and supplies for yarn projects. Knitting, after all, was the #5 thing in Google's "how-to" searches in 2013!
I did not do much sewing last year, so I'd like to get back in to that. Thinking a simple dress.
For something new, perhaps an embroidery tutorial? Urban Threads has such fresh, fun embroidery projects.
Kollabora has tons of inspiration in their Kollabora 'best of'...sewing, knitting and all kinds of fun!
In any case, I wanted to write before it got much further into January! I hope the year is off to a good start for all and that 2014 is a wonderful journey!
Tell me your crafty plans!
Optimistically,
Elisabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment