Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dolly! And doilies, and 80's vests, oh my!

Hi readers!
Recently I was able to acquire a treasure trove of vintage yarn craft and needlework patterns booklets dating from the 30's up to the 80's. I am in heaven flipping through them for ideas and just plain fun! Among the treasures...
I found my knit dolly! [made by a family friend for me when I was little]
 from Coats&Clark booklet 1973
mine--a little worse for wear!
And doilies!

And lots of 80's vests. Yikes! (I'll spare the pics on that subject).
That aside there are also some really awesome silly-cute things and many many fashionable pre-80's garments. Can't wait share more of these with you soon for great crafty inspiration! Also working on improving the blog design (don't forget I am still a beginner, after all), and there are some very optimistic things in the works to tell you more about soon! 
All the best!
Optimistic Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment